Dirk and I are obsessed with 1Up Nutrition, but I wanted to take the time to explain why we love this company so much and also the products we use every single day. First of all, they are a USA company, which is very important to us! Their customer service is hands down the best I’ve ever worked with, not just in a supplement company, but in any company. If you send them an email asking a question or have a problem with a product, they will respond promptly and do whatever it takes to make it right. They send hand written notes and samples in every order, which means they take the time to show their customers that they care and you get to try a variety of products! We have sampled almost every flavor of pre workout, BCAAs, protein and collagen because of all of the samples we've received. The samples are also so easy and convenient for traveling. On top of all that, their supplements are very reasonably priced already, but when you use our code MEGASTRONG20 at checkout you get an ADDITIONAL 20% off your order at www.1upnutrition.com! So, if they are having a 20% off sale, you can combine it with our discount code MEGASTRONG20 at checkout to get 40% off! I am honored to represent this company as one of their athletes! Here are all the staple products that Dirk and I use every day and why:
- L-Carnitine 3000: Every morning when I come downstairs to get my pre workout at 5 am, I first take a large cap full of L-Carnitine. L-Carnitine is a non-stimulant fat burner that converts stored body fat to energy and burns calories. L-Carnitine has been shown to reduce fatigue during workouts and serve as an appetite suppressant. I take an additional tablespoon in the afternoon if I’ve had a meal full of carbs to help break them down. Our favorite flavors are Tropical Mango & Watermelon Candy.
- Pre Workout: I love that 1Up now carries both stimulant and stimulant free pre workouts! Some people do not react well to stimulants and can get jittery or nauseous from them, so 1Up has designed a stimulant free pre workout (Stim Free) that anyone can use! Pre workout increases energy, focus, pump, endurance and has a stress suppressing matrix. I love going back and forth between the stimulant and stimulant free pre workouts so that my body never “gets used to” one or the other. Always start with half a scoop first and work your way up because this is some powerful stuff! Our favorite flavors in the regular pre workout in Strawberry Burst, Sour Black Cherry and Island Mango and in the stimulant free it is a tie between the Sour Black Cherry & Rainbow Candy. Dirk and I both take our pre workout 20-30 minutes before we start our workout so it has kicked in and we are ready to work!! Pre-workout is not recommended for pregnant or breast feeding women so always consult your doctor before using any.
- BCAAs: Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) promote muscle recovery and growth, protein synthesis, and hydration. I always recommend this to my clients who say they have been getting insanely sore from our intense workouts! I drink this either during my workout or immediately after. Current favorite flavors are Passion Fruit, Tropical Punch and Blueberry Lemonade! You will enjoy drinking this I promise.
- Protein: Protein is vital for your workout program! It helps promote lean muscle growth, supports muscle recovery and improves strength! Always take your protein within 30 minutes after you finish a workout to reap the benefits. You can’t build muscle if you are not getting enough protein in, plus 1Up has incredible flavors that can help curb those sweet tooth cravings! Our favorite flavors are the Birthday Cake, Chocolate Peanut Butter Blast, Cookies & Cream and Blueberry Muffin.
- Vegan Greens & Reds Superfoods: This incredible powder contains 19 organic fruits and vegetables in every scoop! It helps support your immune system, improves gut health, reduces bloating, boosts your metabolism and supports a healthy digestive system! I love that this product also contains 3 billion probiotics so it is a 2 in 1 supplement! We all don’t get enough vital nutrients into our diet so I take this daily and it is a must have for us! We love the Pineapple, Lemonade & Fruit Punch flavors to mix it in with our BCAAs or pre workout! A delicious way to get your Greens & Reds in is to get the Chocolate flavor and mix it in with your Chocolate Peanut Butter Blast Protein.
- Collagen: Collagen is a must have for Dirk after playing college football and I always recommend it to any clients suffering with achy joints! Collagen peptides support healthy skin and hair, supports healthy joints and bones and is packed with protein and amino acids! Our favorite flavor is strawberry lemonade if you are taking it on its own or you can get the unflavored and mix it in with your pre workout, BCAAs or your protein! An easy and delicious way to also get this in is to get the Chocolate or Vanilla flavor and mix it in with your protein after a workout.
- Fiber: We love this 3 in 1 product (Fiber +Vitamin C+ Probiotics) and feel it is a must for regulating your system and boosting your immunity! 1Up's Fiber promotes healthy digestion and helps to eliminate toxins, promotes weight loss by helping to control hunger, supports healthy cholesterol and blood sugar levels and supports a healthy immune system. If you have trouble with bowel movements and regularity, this is a MUST to reduce bloating and constipation. You can also combine this with the Daily Cleanse pills to promote elimination of toxins and regularity.
ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE USING ANY SUPPLEMENTS, ESPECIALLY IF PREGNANT OR BREAST FEEDING!